Health & Wellness
- Take a one mile "happy walk" in the safety & comfort of your home.
- Take some free online yoga classes with "Yoga with Adriene". She is fun and easy to follow and has a large variety of practices.
- Or try out some of the yoga practices offered here.
- Here are more than 100 things to do while stuck at home.
- Silver Sneakers offers a variety of online exercise classes.
- Here are some ideas for maintaining strength and stability at home.
- TheRealisticMama has a list of the 9 best exercise videos for kids.
- Group Hiit offers free video workouts for all members of the family.
- Check out Fitness Blender for some free at home workouts.
- Workout with Temetrece! Our Senior Center supervisor Temetrece Brown is ready to get you moving with this at home workout.
Music & the Arts
- The High Museum in Atlanta is offering a variety of online art activities, educational resources, videos, tours of the Museum at noon on Fridays, and more. You can even download an artsy Zoom background!
- Andrew Lloyd Webber is streaming his musicals for free every Friday night at 7PM on the YouTube channel The Shows Must Go On. They will stay up for 72 hours.
- A live-streaming reading group is performing all of Shakespeare’s plays in order.
- What’s on Stage has a list of free theater performances you can stream.
- Visit 12 art muséums and galleries via virtual tours.
- Gather up the little ones and joy songs and rhymes from The Learning Station.
- Enjoy some online music festivals. Be sure to get up and dance when the music moves you.
- Fender offers three months of free music lessons- learn to play the guitar, bass, and ukulele.
- Billboard.com has updated list offering free concerts and live streams from some of your favorite artists and musicians.
- Listen to the beauty of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, a site for music lovers around the world with specially curated content.
- Get an updated list of livestream concerts at Bandsintown.com!
- Google Arts & Culture partnered with over 2,500 museums and galleries all over the world to offer virtual tours.
- Garden Tours
- National Parks Tours
- Museum Tours
- Natural Wonders of the World
- Georgia Aquarium
- Atlanta Museum
Arts & Crafts
- Create a wrap bracelet.
- Create a twig candleholder.
- DIY Projects for Teens has a lot of fun ideas to keep the older children busy.
Just for Fun
- Make your dog smarter with Brain Games for Dogs
- Try your hand at a jigsaw puzzle.
- Call our Laugh Line!
- At Fridge to Table, you can enter the ingredients you have on hand and it will create a recipe for you. Use up all the things you have stored in your freezer and pantry!
- Bon Appetit offers a list of recipes for cooking at home during the coronavirus.
- This is an easy, no-knead bread recipe= carbs for the win!