USTA has issued the following guidelines for playing tennis:
1. Try to stay at least six feet apart from other players. Do not make physical contact.
2. Consider playing singles. If you do play doubles, avoid all incidental contact.
3. Between points, use your racquet/foot to pick up ball and hit it to your opponent. Avoid using your hands when returning balls to another court.
4. Wash your hands thoroughly or use a hand sanitizer before, during, and after play.
5. Stay on your side of the court. Avoid changing ends.
6. Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles. Use new balls and a new grip if possible.
7. Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet, or other equipment. Wash your hands properly if you touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
8. Use only your own towels and water bottles.
9. Use four balls or six balls. Although unlikely, it’s possible that a tennis ball can transmit the virus.
All tennis programs are held at the Harry B. Anderson Tennis Court located at McKey Park (112 Burton Avenue, Valdosta).
COVID UPDATE: We are currently offering clinics.
VLPRA Tennis Clinics are year-round, drop-in classes where you pay as you go. It is open to the public. No prior registration is required and each class is $10.00 per person. All clinics are at the Harry B. Anderson Tennis Center.
|4:00 PM -|
|7 years old|
|5:00 PM -|
|10 years old|
|6:00 PM -|
COVID UPDATE: We are currently offering lessons.
VLPRA Head Tennis Pro Keith Childree and Assistant Tennis Pro Chip Shade offer private lessons at a rate of $25.00 per half-hour or $45.00 per hour. Please email Keith at email@example.com or Chip at firstname.lastname@example.org for available times and dates.
USTA Junior Team Tennis & Tournaments
COVID UPDATE: Team tennis and tournaments are postponed.
VLPRA offers a Junior Team Tennis League as well as tournaments throughout the year. Email Keith at email@example.com for information.
Free Open Courts
COVID UPDATE: Courts are open.
VLPRA has tennis courts at the Harry B. Anderson Tennis Center at McKey Park as well as at Scott Park. All courts are open for play at no cost on a first come, first serve basis whenever the park is open and the courts are not in use for VLPRA lessons, clinics, or special events. Courts are available seven days a week, year round, including evenings under the lights.
COVID UPDATE: Camps are postponed.
VLPRA offers two week-long tennis camps each summer. The day camps are from 9:00 AM - Noon Monday through Friday. One week of camp is in June, the other week is in July. It is open to children ages 4-11 years old.